TERMS OF SERVICE
LAST UPDATED FEBRUARY 16, 2021
Your use of the Site and Service is governed by the then current version of the Agreement in effect on the date of such use. Akras Capital, LLC may, at its sole discretion, modify and replace the Agreement at any time and without prior notice to you by posting the updated Agreement on the Site. By using and accessing the Service, you acknowledge and agree to review the then current version of the Agreement prior to each such use. Your continued use of the Service after any modifications to the Terms have been published on the Service or otherwise provided to you constitutes your acknowledgement of, and binding agreement to, the then current Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the resolution of any dispute that arises between you and Akras Capital, LLC will be governed by the Terms in effect at the time the events giving rise to such dispute occurred. Akras Capital, LLC further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to block or otherwise discontinue your access and use of the Site at any time and for any reason. You agree that Akras Capital, LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
The Service is available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old (and at least the legal age in your jurisdiction). You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are at least 18 years old and of legal age in your jurisdiction to form a binding contract, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. Akras Capital, LLC may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity. The Service is not available to any Users suspended or removed from the Site or Service by Akras Capital, LLC. By using the Service, you represent that you have not been previously suspended or removed from the Site or Service.
Some of our services, and certain web pages of the Site, are available only to those Users who have been authorized by us to access those services and web pages. Only Users of the Service who are Accredited Investors as defined in Regulation D Rule 501 adopted pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933 (“Accredited Investors”) with a valid User ID and password are authorized to access such services and web pages. In general, to qualify as an Accredited Investor, individuals must have a net worth of more than $1 million (excluding their primary residence), or gross income for each of the last two years of at least $200,000 ($300,000 jointly with their spouse) with the expectation of a similarly qualifying income during the current year. The authorization for such Accredited Investors may require completion of an Accredited Investor questionnaire and satisfactory background information screening and/or identification verification. By registering for, accessing, browsing, and/or otherwise using the services and/or web pages for which access is restricted to Accredited Investors, you represent and agree that you are an Accredited Investor. Should you cease to be an Accredited Investor at any time, you agree to immediately notify Akras Capital, LLC and to refrain from accessing such restricted portions of the Site and/or Service. Further, because access to the restricted portions of the Site is limited by applicable law to Accredited Investors, you agree that you will not allow anyone to access such restricted portions of the Site, or share or disclose any information obtained through restricted portions of the Site with anyone, regardless of whether you believe such person or entity to also be an Accredited Investor.
As part of Akras Capital, LLC’s authorization process, each user shall be required to provide, among other things, a valid email address. In providing your email address and agreeing to these Terms of Service, each authorized user consents to receiving email notifications from Akras Capital, LLC concerning offerings. In some cases, users of the restricted portions of the Site may be required to confirm their status as an Accredited Investor. In order for Akras Capital, LLC to confirm that your representation regarding your status as an Accredited Investor is accurate when made and continues to be accurate from time to time, you agree to provide Akras Capital, LLC with all information and documentation reasonably required by Akras Capital, LLC to verify your status as an Accredited Investor, including (without limitation) delivering a completed Accredited Investor questionnaire, tax returns, brokerage statements, bank statements, resumes and other private financial information. Should you fail to provide any requested information and documentation that confirms your status as an Accredited Investor, Akras Capital, LLC may immediately suspend, block or otherwise discontinue your access and use of the Site or Service. Akras Capital, LLC may change its eligibility criteria at any time, for any reason, and without prior notice.
Persons who are resident outside of the United States are allowed access to such investment opportunities only if such access does not violate the laws of their country of residence. Our services (and certain pages of the Site) that relate to the viewing of actual investment opportunities or to making investments in the securities offered therein may not be used by any person or entity in any jurisdiction where the provision or use thereof would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or where Akras Capital, LLC or North Capital is not authorized to provide such information or services.
SECURITIES OFFERINGS; NO PROFESSIONAL ADVICE PROVIDED
The Service and securities offerings on this Site are available only to Accredited Investors who understand economic and investment risk and are willing to bear the consequences of that risk. Additionally, the securities offerings on this Site are only suitable for Accredited Investors who are familiar with and willing to accept the high risk associated with private real estate investments. By using the Site or Service, you represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are of legal age to form a binding contract and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. You acknowledge and agree that you have significant experience investing in investments of the type offered through the Site, including, without limitation, real estate, equities, notes and other securities, you understand that all of the investments offered through the Service are inherently very risky, and you understand the risks associated with the investments offered through the Site, and you are comfortable with the risk of losing your entire investment invested through the Service. You further acknowledge and agree that investing in private placements carries with it low liquidity concerns and long-term commitments and that the securities sold through private placements are not publicly traded. Additionally, Investors may receive restricted stock that may be subject to holding period requirements. For those reasons, these offerings may be made available only to certain institutional investors and high net worth individuals and entities. If you are using the Site on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept this Agreement on such entity’s behalf, and that such entity agrees to indemnify Akras Capital, LLC for violations of this Agreement.
You further represent and agree that you understand that Akras Capital, LLC does not guarantee the performance of any offerings made through the Site or Service and any and all projections, estimates, and expectations for investments offered through the Site or Service are merely opinions and should not be relied on for any purpose whatsoever. The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise. Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The contents of this Site do not constitute financial, legal, or tax advice. Investors are solely responsible for conducting any legal, accounting or due diligence review. You acknowledge and agree that Akras Capital, LLC is not a registered Investment Company or Investment Advisor within the meaning of the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisors Act of 1940, respectively. You should obtain investment and tax advice from your advisers before deciding to invest. Investment products are not FDIC insured, may lose value, and there is no bank guarantee.
The securities offered on the Site have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, in reliance on the exemptive provisions of Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act and Regulation D and Rule 506, and/or Regulation S, promulgated thereunder. Securities sold through private placements are restricted and not publicly traded, and are therefore illiquid. Neither the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission nor any state securities commission or other regulatory authority has approved, passed upon or endorsed the merits of any offering on this Website. Akras Capital, LLC is not a registered broker-dealer, funding portal, or investment advisor and does not conduct any activity that would require such registration.
Investment overviews on the Site contain summaries of the purpose and principal business terms of the investment opportunities. Such summaries are intended for informational purposes only and do not purport to be complete, and each is qualified in its entirety by reference to the more detailed discussions contained in the investor document package relating to such investment opportunity. The information contained in the Website has been prepared by Akras Capital, LLC without reference to any particular user’s investment requirements or financial situation, and potential investors are encouraged to consult with professional tax, legal and financial advisors before making any investment.
You may not become a beneficial owner of 20% or more of any issuer’s outstanding voting equity securities (an “Issuer Covered Person”) without becoming subject to certain “bad actor” disqualifying events described in Rule 506(d) (a “Disqualifying Event”). You represent that you are not subject to a Disqualifying Event and that you will promptly notify Akras Capital, LLC in writing should any Disqualifying Events be applicable to you. Akras Capital, LLC is not liable or responsible for making Rule 506(e) disclosures, nor for determining whether any Issuer Covered Person is subject to a Disqualifying Event.
NO SOLICITATION OR ADVICE
None of the information contained in the publicly available portions of the Site constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities, options or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. The information contained in the Site has been prepared without reference to any particular User’s investment requirements or financial situation. The information and services provided on the Site are not provided to, and may not be used by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction where the provision or use thereof would be contrary to applicable laws, rules or regulations of any governmental authority or where Akras Capital, LLC is not authorized to provide such information or services. Some products and services described on the Site may not be available in all jurisdictions or to all clients.
You acknowledge that you are not relying on Akras Capital, LLC or any of its affiliates, officers, directors, partners, agents or employees in making an investment decision. Always consider seeking the advice of a qualified professional before making decisions regarding your business and/or investments. Akras Capital, LLC does not endorse any investments and shall not be responsible in any way for any transactions you enter into with other Users. You agree that Akras Capital, LLC and its affiliates, officers, directors, partners, agents or employees will not be liable for any loss or damages of any sort incurred as a result of any interactions between you and other users.
Unauthorized use of the Site and our Service, including, but not limited to, unauthorized entry into our systems, the misuse or sharing of passwords or misuse of any other information, is strictly prohibited. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service. You agree that you will not engage in any activities related to the Site that are contrary to applicable laws or regulations. You may be liable for any losses incurred by Akras Capital, LLC or others due to any unauthorized use of your account.
You further agree that you are responsible for any unauthorized use of your password that is made before you have notified us and we have had a reasonable opportunity to act on that notice. Akras Capital, LLC reserves the right at its discretion to suspend or cancel your account and/or password, even without receiving such notice from you, if we suspect that it is being used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and agree to promptly report any unauthorized or suspicious activity in your account to us by email at Management@akrascapital.com. You may also be liable for any losses incurred by Akras Capital, LLC or others due to any unauthorized use of your account.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and agree to promptly report any unauthorized or suspicious activity in your account to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also be liable for any losses incurred by Akras Capital, LLC or others due to any unauthorized use of your account.
By using the Site, you agree that Akras Capital, LLC has expended significant time and effort developing its base of sponsoring real estate operating companies and borrowers, and in view thereof you agree that, for a period through and until two (2) years following any termination of your account, you may not solicit, initiate, encourage, or engage in discussions or negotiations with any sponsoring real estate operating company or other third party introduced to you by Akras Capital, LLC, or from whom you otherwise find out about the party and/or the project, without the express written permission of Akras Capital, LLC or such other relevant party. This provision shall survive any termination of these Terms.
Our Site contains confidential information (“Confidential Information”), much of which pertains to the investments listed on our platform. Confidential Information includes all technical and non-technical data. You agree that all Confidential Information will be kept in confidence and that you will only use the Confidential Information for the purposes for which it was disclosed. To the extent applicable, you will not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, create other works from, or disassemble any such Confidential Information unless otherwise specified in writing by the disclosing party. These restrictions will not apply to Confidential Information to the extent it (a) was in the public domain at the time of disclosure; (b) became publicly available after disclosure without breach of this agreement; (c) was lawfully received from a third party without such restrictions; (d) was known to you without such restrictions prior to your access to it via our Site; (e) was independently developed by you without breach of this agreement; (f) was generally made available to third parties by Akras Capital, LLC without such restriction; or (g) is required by applicable law.
- Infringes Rights. You agree not to upload, post, email, transmit, submit, or otherwise make available through the Site or Service any material or content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such content. You further agree to not take any action that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other right of any other person or entity, or violates any law or contract, including removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site or Service.
- Information Disclosure. You agree not to share or disclose to anyone any information obtained through the Site or Service about any investment offerings.
- Distribution without Consent. You agree not to distribute in any medium any part of the Site or Service or any content available thereon without Akras Capital, LLC’ prior written authorization. The only exceptions are where Akras Capital, LLC makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service.
- Site Alterations or Modifications. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Site or Service.
- Submitting False, Defamatory or Harassing Information. You agree not to upload, post, email, transmit or submit or otherwise make available through the Site or Service any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, false, misleading, inaccurate, harassing, threatening or unlawful material or content or imply that such content is sponsored or endorsed by Akras Capital, LLC, any of its affiliates or any third parties. You further agree not to take any action that would defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Unlawful Purposes. You agree not to use the Site or Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (including, without limitation, in violation of any United States federal and state securities or blue sky laws or regulations, securities exchange or self-regulatory organization’s rules or regulations, consumer protection, unfair competition, and anti-discrimination laws or regulations or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions).
- Transfers or Assignments. You agree not to transfer or assign these Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder.
- Non-Public Areas. You agree not to access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site or Service or any other computer systems or networks connected to the Service.
- Breach of Security Measures. You agree not to breach any of Akras Capital, LLC security or authentication measures
- Unauthorized Access or Contact. You agree not to gain unauthorized access to the Site, Service, any other Akras Capital, LLC website or service, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service through hacking, password mining or any other means. You further agree not to contact any party or user other than as allowed through the Site or Service.
- Generate Artificial Traffic. You agree not to use the Service to artificially generate traffic or page links to a website or for any other purpose not expressly allowed under these Terms of Service.
- Commercial Uses. You agree not to use the Service for any commercial uses or purposes, unless you obtain Akras Capital, LLC’ prior written consent and approval. Such commercial uses include but are not limited to: (i) soliciting other Users for investments of any kind; (ii) offering or selling any products or services of any kind; (iii) making investment recommendations to other Users; and (iv) advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Site or Service.
- Disabling Security Features. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or any other computer systems or networks connected to the Service. You also agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any material or content or enforce Service or content use limitations.
- Impersonation. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Akras Capital, LLC, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any materials.
- Other. You agree not to: (i) use the Service or take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Akras Capital, LLC in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Akras Capital, LLC’ or its third-party providers’ infrastructure or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service or any activities conducted on the Service; (iii) bypass any measures the Company may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service (or other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Service; (v) use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about its Users for any unauthorized purpose; or (vi) transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature.
If you create an account and become a registered user of the Service, you agree to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about you as may be prompted at registration (“Account Information”); (ii) maintain the security of your password and identification; (iii) maintain and promptly update your Account Information, and any other information that you provide to Akras Capital, LLC, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (iv) accept all risks of unauthorized access to your Account Information and any other information you provide to Akras Capital, LLC.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT IDENTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION PROCEDURES
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. This means that when you register with us, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see identifying documents.
The Site and the Service are and contain proprietary property/content of Akras Capital, LLC (such as logos, copyrights, trademarks, technology, processes, etc.) (“Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property”) which may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. Akras Capital, LLC owns and retains all rights in and to the Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property. Akras Capital, LLC hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to display and/or utilize the Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property solely for your use in connection with using the Site and the Service for the purposes authorized by this Agreement. Except as explicitly permitted in this Agreement or unless you have received express, prior written permission from Akras Capital, LLC or the otherwise applicable rights holder, you do not have the right to use the Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property for any commercial use or to receive any monetary or other compensation in connection with the Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property. Except as expressly provided by this Agreement, your use of the Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property is strictly prohibited. The Site or Service may contain proprietary property/content provided by third party Akras Capital, LLC licensors (such as logos, copyrights, trademarks, etc.) (“Third Party Proprietary Property”). Akras Capital, LLC hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to display and/or utilize the Third Party Proprietary Property solely for your use in connection with using the Site and the Service for purposes authorized by this Agreement. You do not have the right to use the Third Party Proprietary Property for any commercial use or to receive any monetary or other compensation in connection with the Third Party Proprietary Property. Except as expressly provided by this Agreement, your use of the Third Party Proprietary Property is strictly prohibited.
The Site or Service may contain proprietary property/content provided by third party Akras Capital, LLC licensors (such as logos, copyrights, trademarks, etc.) (“Third Party Proprietary Property”). Akras Capital, LLC hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to display and/or utilize the Third Party Proprietary Property solely for your use in connection with using the Site and the Service for purposes authorized by this Agreement. You do not have the right to use the Third Party Proprietary Property for any commercial use or to receive any monetary or other compensation in connection with the Third Party Proprietary Property. Except as expressly provided by this Agreement, your use of the Third Party Proprietary Property is strictly prohibited.
Unless expressly provided by this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, edit, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use any Akras Capital, LLC Proprietary Property, any Third Party Proprietary Property or any other content appearing on or through the Site. You acknowledge that Akras Capital, LLC is not responsible for, does not control and makes no representation or warranty regarding the reliability, accuracy, usefulness, safety, legitimacy or quality of any content. Akras Capital, LLC does not endorse any content on the Site or any statement, opinion, suggestion or advice contained therein, and Akras Capital, LLC expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection therewith. You agree that you will bear any and all risk of reliance on the accuracy, validity or legitimacy of any content on the Site. You further understand and agree that in the course of your use of the Site and the Service, you may be exposed to content on the Site that is illegal, inaccurate, offensive, indecent or objectionable and you hereby waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Akras Capital, LLC with respect thereto.
The Service may allow you and other Users to submit, post, transmit and share content with other users, which may include, without limitation, personal and representative profiles and information sheets on certain private companies or other issuers, streaming feeds articles, documents, brochures, presentations, pictures, images, audiovisual works, other information materials and any user comments or other unedited or third party content submitted by you and other Users on or through the Services (collectively, “User Content”). With respect to such User Content submitted by you or any other Users of the Site or Service, you represent, warrant and affirm as follows:
- User Content is made available on or through the Service for informational purposes only and is not otherwise controlled by Akras Capital, LLC. You understand that Akras Capital, LLC does not guarantee any accuracy or confidentiality with respect to any such User Content, and strongly recommends that you think carefully about what you transmit, submit or post to or through the Service.
- User Content you submit to the Service or Akras Capital, LLC’ or any Akras Capital, LLC licensee’s use of such User Content pursuant to these Terms, will not: (i) infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations (including, without limitation, United States federal and state securities or blue sky laws or regulations, securities exchange or self-regulatory organization’s rules or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions); or (iii) require obtaining a license from or paying any fees and/or royalties by Akras Capital, LLC to any third party for the performance of any services you have chosen to be performed by Akras Capital, LLC or for the exercise of any rights granted in these Terms, unless you and Akras Capital, LLC otherwise agree.
- All User Content and any information contained in such User Content are the sole responsibility of the person(s) who originated such User Content. This means that you, and not Akras Capital, LLC, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Service as well as any consequences of submitting and publishing your User Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish User Content you submit; and you license to Akras Capital, LLC all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such User Content for publication on the Service pursuant to these Terms of Service.
- By submitting User Content to Akras Capital, LLC, you hereby grant Akras Capital, LLC and its affiliates, sublicensees, partners, designees, and assignees a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Content in connection with the Service and Akras Capital, LLC’ (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promotion and redistribution of part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- You hereby grant each User of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service. The above licenses granted by you in User Content you submit to the Service terminate within a commercially reasonable time after you remove or delete your User Content from the Service. You understand and agree, however, that Akras Capital, LLC may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your User Content that has been removed or deleted.
- You may be exposed to User Content that is, without limitation, inaccurate, inappropriate, misleading, unlawful, offensive or otherwise objectionable and Akras Capital, LLC makes no representations or warranties regarding any User Content, is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, or intellectual property rights of or relating to any User Content and does not endorse any User Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, as well as any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein and all such content is offered “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE”.
Akras Capital, LLC does not permit infringement of intellectual property rights on the Site or Service, and Akras Capital, LLC will remove copyright infringing activities or related User Content if Akras Capital, LLC is properly notified that such User Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that any material on the Site violates this Agreement or your intellectual property rights, please notify Akras Capital, LLC as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com, or by contacting Akras Capital, LLC’s Agent (listed below), with the following information pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (please confirm these requirements with your legal counsel, or see the U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3), for more information): (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, sufficient for Akras Capital, LLC to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Pursuant to Section 512(c)(2) of the DMCA, Akras Capital, LLC’ designates the following agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement:
170 S Lincoln Street Suite 150
Spokane, WA 99201
For the avoidance of doubt, only DMCA notices should go to Akras Capital, LLC’ Designated Copyright Agent. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. We reserve the right to remove User Content alleged to be infringing or otherwise illegal without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, Akras Capital, LLC will also terminate a User’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS
The Site and/or Service may allow you to correspond or otherwise interact with other Users who may provide you with investments, investment information, advice, services and/or events, or provide you with other information about various companies or organizations. You acknowledge that such other Users are not affiliated with or controlled by Akras Capital, LLC or its affiliates, and Akras Capital, LLC cannot influence the investments, information, advice or services provided by them. Your correspondence or interaction with other Users is solely between you and such other Users. You agree that Akras Capital, LLC and its affiliates will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any interactions between you and other Users. Furthermore, if you provide any investments, information, advice or services to other Users through the Services, you acknowledge that you are not affiliated with, or controlled or influenced in any way by, Akras Capital, LLC or its affiliates.
If you have a dispute with one or more Users, you irrevocably and forever release Akras Capital, LLC (and Akras Capital, LLC’s affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
THIRD PARTY CONTENT
USE OF LINKS
MODIFICATION OF AGREEMENT
Akras Capital, LLC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and without any prior notice to you, to modify, correct or replace any of the terms of this Agreement, or change, suspend, or discontinue the Service (including without limitation, the availability of any feature, database or content) at any time. Such modification shall become a part of this Agreement and is automatically effective once posted on the Site. This Agreement may not be orally amended. Akras Capital, LLC may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to all or a part of the Service without notice or liability. It is your responsibility to check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to the Terms of Service constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR FEATURES MADE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY STATED BY AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Akras Capital, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COMPLIANCE WITH UNITED STATES FEDERAL AND STATE SECURITIES OR BLUE SKY LAWS OR REGULATIONS, SECURITIES EXCHANGE OR SELF-REGULATORY ORGANIZATION’S RULES OR REGULATIONS, AND EQUIVALENT LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN FOREIGN JURISDICTIONS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY.
AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND NO DUTY TO TAKE ANY ACTION REGARDING AND MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY:
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT,
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES,
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN,
- ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICE,
- ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR
- ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE
AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES AND AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC AND ITS AFFILIATES HAVE NO SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH OR FIDUCIARY DUTY TO YOU AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE MERITS AND RISKS OF ANY INVESTMENTS MADE BY USING OR THROUGH THE SERVICE. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THAT ANY INVESTOR OR USER IS AN ACCREDITED INVESTOR BEYOND REVIEWING INFORMATION SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC. Akras Capital, LLC DOES NOT RECOMMEND ANY INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES SPECIFICALLY TO OR FOR ANY USER OR ENDORSE THEIR SUITABILITY FOR INVESTMENT BY ANY SPECIFIC USER.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY:
- LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING);
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT;
- OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES TO WHICH YOU ARE EXPOSED BY USING OUR SERVICE. AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, SAFETY, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OR RELATING TO SUCH CONTENT;
- DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY;
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN;
- LOSSES CAUSED BY ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MAY BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSSES OF AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC OR OTHERS DUE TO SUCH UNAUTHORIZED USE;
- INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY ALSO APPLIES WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU BY REASON OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED ON ANY LINKED SITES OR OTHERWISE BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC AND RECEIVED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY LINKED SITES.
IN NO EVENT WILL AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC’S OR ITS AFFILIATES’, CONTRACTORS’, EMPLOYEES’, AGENTS’, OR THIRD-PARTY PARTNERS’ OR SUPPLIERS’ LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR INTERACTION WITH OTHER USERS (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF the SERVICE OR ANY PART THEREOF, OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, AKRAS CAPITAL,LLC’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, AKRAS CAPITAL, LLC’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
This defense and indemnification obligation will survive this Agreement and your use of the Service. Akras Capital, LLC reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with the Company in asserting any available defenses.
Accessing the Service is prohibited from territories where the Site, Service or any content thereon is illegal. If you access the Service from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION
This Agreement (and any further rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of Washington as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Washington between Washington residents, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. By your agreement to the Terms and your use of the Akras Capital, LLC’s Service, you agree to submit to personal jurisdiction in Washington for all purposes, and you agree to waive, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any right to a trial by jury for any matter.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by you and Akras Capital, LLC, any dispute arising out of or relating to the Terms, or any breach thereof, shall be finally resolved by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, or such arbitration body as required by law, rule or regulation, and final judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. The arbitration will be conducted in the English language before a single arbitrator in Washington. Such arbitration must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Judgment on any award entered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either Akras Capital, LLC or you may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief without breach of this arbitration provision.
Any cause of action arising out of or related to the Service, and all products and services offered via the Akras Capital, LLC Site or Service must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. You acknowledge and agree that you may bring claims against Akras Capital, LLC only in an individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
ELECTRONIC DELIVERY AND NOTICE POLICY
By using the Service, you consent to receive from Akras Capital, LLC, or any of its affiliates, officers, directors, partners, agents, or employees, all communications, including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures, or other information in connection with the Service or investment offerings made available to you via the Service (collectively, “Notice Information”) electronically. Akras Capital, LLC may provide the electronic Notice Information by posting them on the Site or sending the Notice Information to the email address you provided to Akras Capital, LLC during the account registration process. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive Notice Information electronically, you must discontinue your use of the Service. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices will be served, with respect to Akras Capital, LLC and the Site or Service, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic Communication Privacy Act Notice (18 USC Secs. 2701-2711): Akras Capital, LLC makes no guaranty of confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the Site or any website linked to the Site. Akras Capital, LLC will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade-secret information, or any other content stored on Akras Capital, LLC’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with your use of the Service.
Questions? Please email us at Management@AkrasCapital.com.